What is the ZSA Foundation?
The ZSA Foundation builds upon the work of the Zero Suicide Alliance (ZSA) with the aim of increasing mental health resilience and to continue the work we have done throughout the UK and globally.
The ZSA Foundation is an arm of the Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust Charity: Registered Charity Number – 1191576
What are the aims and objectives of the charity?
- To educate all members of the public in a foundation level of suicide awareness, providing the skills to identify the causes, effects and prevention of suicide
- To support and micro-fund ZSA trusted partner organisations, which work to prevent or raise awareness of suicide
- To help support psychological wellbeing in the workplace through education, events and consultancy
Here are some of the statistics (ONS 2019)
- Every 40 seconds someone takes their own life.
- Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK, with 75% of all suicides being carried out by men.
- Suicide is the biggest killer of young people – male and female – under 35 in the UK.
- In 2019, there were 5,691 suicides registered in England and Wales.
Every penny donated will go towards helping us achieve our objectives. Suicide can touch anyone. We need to prepare our population for identifying when someone is struggling and to know how to help them.
How can you fundraise?
- Leave a gift in your will
By leaving a gift in your will to The ZSA Foundation, you are helping support the mental health resilience of the next generation.
We would suggest that if this is something you would be interested in then you talk to your solicitor about the type of gift you would like to leave and how your will could include this.
- Make a donation in someone’s name
A lot of our members and supporters have come to the ZSA because they have lost someone to suicide. They may have raised money in memory of that person and want to support suicide prevention efforts. We can work with you on a specific project or help to guide you on what the most effective way to use any funds raised could be.
- Charity of the year
We would like to encourage any businesses to make us their charity of the year. In doing this you can bring all your employees together under a united cause and demonstrate your businesses commitment to supporting mental health and suicide prevention.
- Sponsored events
Whether it be a cake sale, 5k run or an endurance challenge, there are so many easy ways that you can support the ZSA Foundation and help raise funds to support suicide prevention.
- Donation boxes
We have collection boxes and collection tins available upon request. These are great to have as a static collection in your workplace reception or in a public place, such as a pub or bar. To request a box please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Donate?
Please send all Donations to the below address in cheque form. Cheques made payable to ZSA FOUNDATION:
FAO: Mike Jones
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
Kings Business Park
Prescot, Merseyside L34 1PJ
If you need any support, advice or guidance on the above please contact email@example.com
We thank you in advance for all of your support!