About the course
This course has been developed with support from taxi drivers and 16 local authorities.
It shares information about suicide and coaches you through a taxi driver and passenger related scenario to help you recognise signs of suicidal behaviour and have a conversation with someone you may be worried about.
Who it’s for
This course has been developed for taxi and private hire drivers but can be taken by anyone over the age of 16.
What you’ll learn
This training course aims to support drivers to:
- Better understand suicide
- Spot the signs that a passenger may be struggling with suicidal thoughts
- Recognise the importance of being direct when asking someone how they are feeling
- How to talk to someone they are concerned about
- Signpost passengers to organisations that can support them.
How long it will take
The training takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. At the end of the course you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
Our thanks go to the following local authorities who have supported us in the development of this training edition: