Join us at our ZSA train-a-thon on Friday 8 September
Over 6,000 people die by suicide in the UK every year.
One in five of us will experience suicidal thoughts.
Would you know what to say or do if someone you know was struggling?
On Friday 8 September, the Zero Suicide Alliance (ZSA) in partnership with Mersey Cares is hosting an online train-a-thon ahead of World Suicide Prevention Day on Sunday 10 September and we want you to get involved!
Choose a session that works for you:
- Morning session: 10.00 to 11.30am (GMT)
- Afternoon session: 1.00 to 2.30pm (GMT)
- Evening session: 6.30 to 8pm (GMT)
What will the online session cover?
Based on the Zero Suicide Alliance 20-minute suicide awareness training, the train-a-thon sessions session will cover more around suicide awareness and prevention including:
- Suicide facts
- Discussion around suicide, stigma, and language
- Suicide warning signs
- Tips for preparing to have a conversation with someone you’re worried about
- The importance of being direct
- Scenarios and case studies to demonstrate how to put into practice the tips covered.
- A question-and-answer session with the training hosts!
After the session you’ll get a certificate of completion and resources relating to the course content.
FREE (with optional donation)